The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande piqued my interest in using checklists. Having a list to ensure processes are followed is vital in fields like aviation and medicine. In blogging, they’re less vital, but still helpful. Here’s one for you to use when you post:
- Will the title lure in the reader?
- Did I write something that will help my reader and / or continue my discourse community’s conversation?
- Did I link to resources?
- Did I include a picture?
- Did I credit images I did not create?
- Do I invite the reader to participate in the conversation?
- Did I proofread?
- Is there a narrative arc if I’m telling a story?
- Did I add tags and categories?
Not every post will warrant every item on this list. What would you add to the list?